The silk fabric came from the Minneapolis Textile Center Garage Sale. It's a striped opaque fabric (a little grayer than it looks in these pictures) with bunches of blossoms all over. The fabric was pretty slippery, so I sprayed it with a ton of starch before cutting (using a rotary cutter, as usual for me). It mostly behaved.
The only alterations I made were to lengthen the pattern by 1", add 1" to each shoulder (for a broad shoulder adjustment, which I have realized that I need on everything in my closet), and left out the front darts on the final version. They made the front hang a bit funny, but I think it was more due to the fabric than the darts--they looked a fine on the muslin that I made. The different strips have different weights, which makes the fabric hang in a ripple, as you can see at the back hem below.
I used French seams throughout. The bow and the cuffs were finished by hand. I like the pattern, especially the front tucks, but it will probably be a while before I make it again. It's a very distinctive look, and I have a lot of other shirt patterns I want to try!
In these photos I'm wearing the shirt with my 2018 Refashioners skirt (refashioned from gray pinstripe suit pants) to keep the stripe theme going! I was able to fix the lining issue on the skirt so that it hangs nicely now in the back. I love the deep deep pockets!
I've just finished another top that I'm excited to post about. My sewing goal for March is to sew my husband a pair of jeans! We'll see how it goes.